Rental Property Insurance

Renting your property to tenants can be a great source of income; it is important that you protect that income by ensuring you have an insurance policy specifically tailored to renting out properties.

While some homeowners policies will provide additional coverage for renting out a portion of your property, they will usually do so for a fee and provided that you live in the other portion. Should you rent out the entire property, insurers usually require that you insure the property as a rental property under a separate policy. The rental property policy will look similar to a typical homeowners policy however, it is specifically tailored for this use.
Western Financial Group brokers have access to policies from a number of insurance companies that offer specialized rental property insurance which provides coverage unique to your needs as a rental property owner.
Some areas to discuss with your broker when considering which coverage is most suitable for you:
  • By-Laws.
  • Glass Coverage.
  • Limit of insurance.
  • Loss of rental income.
  • Sewer Backup.
  • Type of property (condominium, house etc).
  • Vandalism and theft by tenants.
With your insurance policy, you will also receive our industry leading Best Service Guarantee, which includes competitive prices, coverage review, a guarantee of fairness and local, professional staff who care. We make it our mission to earn the privilege of handling your insurance needs.
Claims & Emergencies
We know accidents and emergencies don’t always happen during regular business hours. To make a claim after hours, call our toll free emergency claims phone line at 1-877-599-7299. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to receive your calls. It is our promise that one of our brokers will contact you on the next business day.
If you have a claim during regular business hours, call your local Western Financial Group broker.