If you’re looking for a secure way to grow your savings without surprise market fluctuations, a non-registered Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) is a great option. Some of the key benefits of GICs are:
- They come with a guaranteed interest rate.
- The principle amount and any interest earned is 100% guaranteed through the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDC) for up to $100,000 per institution and registration type.
- You can choose between cashable (redeemable), and non-cashable (non-redeemable) certificates with maturity terms ranging from 30 days to five years. Cashable certificates allow you the option of withdrawing funds prior to the maturity date.
- We represent many deposit institutions, ensuring that our competitive rates can help you earn more.
- They come with flexible options ranging from monthly, semi-monthly, or annual interest, as well as compound interest to help you maximize your portfolio’s growth potential.
Please check out our Non-Registered GIC rates for British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
If you’re interested in learning more about GICs, please contact your local Western Financial Group Brokerage to speak to a Financial Services advisor.