What is it?
Car insurance covers damage to someone else’s property or bodily injury you may have caused, as well as damage to your vehicle from another vehicle, a fixed object, fire, theft, vandalism and weather-related events.
Why you may need it
- If you own a truck, van, SUV or car, you are required by law to hold a minimum level of auto insurance.
- Liability insurance is mandatory in all provinces – it covers you for damage you may cause to another person’s property as well as any injuries.
What you need to know
- Car insurance requirements vary between provinces. Make sure you have the right coverage for your province.
- Collision/Upset insurance protects your vehicle if it is damaged by colliding with an object like a tree or rock.
- Comprehensive insurance protects your vehicle from fire,theft, vandalism or hail.
- Car insurance can also include:
- Increased liability coverage
- Accident forgiveness
- Loss of use coverage
- Waiver of depreciation
- Specialized glass coverage
- Legal liability for non-owned vehicles (rental cars)
Contact a Western Financial Group broker for more information on Car Insurance.